In this modern day and age of digital music distribution, when a good song is played on the radio, music lovers rush to the internet to look for download links. Now before you rush to the nearest radio station to drop your CD, check out the following tips:
• Make sure that your CD is professionally recorded and mastered. Your CD will have plenty of competition as it is. Why put yourself at a disadvantage by settling for below standard sound quality?
• Have your CD professionally packaged. If your music is professionally recorded and presented, it shows that you're serious about your craft.
• Don't be too eager with emails or phone calls. Remember that radio personalities are receiving submissions continually, and your CD may sit for a while before it's reviewed for potential airplay. Don't continue to pester the. It won't increase your chances of anything except perhaps having future submissions duly ignored.
• Every time you get played on the radio, add it to the news page of your website to let everyone know. Also, take the time to add a link to the station in question. Showing this kind of respect and gratitude can only help you in the future.
• The most effective radio campaign occurs when you know which radio stations to target so that your CD gets maximum airplay. So do take your time and listen to all the music stations and find out which is more suited to your target audience.